Senior Data Scientist
Role: Senior Data Scientist
Reports to: CEO
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Pipeline is an artificial intelligence solution that enables companies to realize the economic gains from gender equity. We are a fast-moving, action-oriented, and values-based organization focused on creating a global movement around gender equity.
Pipeline provides a compelling opportunity for an experienced data scientist with a proven track record. If you love data, and understand truly understand what it takes to achieve reliable and consistent data outcomes through a machine learning-based approach, you could be the right person for this role. We’re looking for a data scientist to help transform the way companies experience value in the internal gender-diverse workforce. Applicants aligned with our “change the world” mentality, and committed to our vision of closing the gender equity gap using technology will relish the opportunity to excel in a fast-paced, performance-based, team atmosphere.
You will support research and development efforts in a diverse set of challenges as we rapidly build out the next generation of our platform. Many concepts we develop require novel use of core people data, and the application of current and emerging machine learning techniques within the People Analytics discipline. You will interact with product and engineering teams to implement your solutions within our platform.
- Translating product ideas into well-posed data science challenges, and solving them
- Discovering patterns and defining structure for our core data
- Designing and deploying Machine Learning (ML) systems backing our platform
- Translating and championing ML capabilities for non-technical audiences
- Documenting ML techniques and algorithm functionality
- Stay current with the latest ML techniques and software
- Working with various members of the internal team to ensure workflow between user experience designers, other developers, and product management
- Working in a collaborative agile environment defining and estimating tasks with the engineering and quality assurance teams
- Competencies typically acquired through one of the following degrees and relevant experience:
- Ph.D. degree (in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or other scientific field of study) and 1-2+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree (scientific field of study) and 4-7+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in People Analytics
- Extensive experience analyzing data and a broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques
- Expertise with Python, Java, C, or similar language, along with standard machine learning libraries
- Experience with PostgreSQL database structure and Data Lake/Data Mart paradigms
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Hadoop, AWS)
- Computer science background, comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff to translate concepts and algorithms into working prototypes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with significant uncertainty
- Possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to efficiently onboard work with high complexity
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively manage stressful situations
- Comfort in a startup environment
- Deep understanding of People Analytics
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Advanced knowledge of AWS services
- Experience with using asynchronous programming patterns, service oriented and microservices based architectures
- Leading teams of 5+ people
- Open Source contributions
To apply or for more information, please contact Pipeline at email@example.com
Pipeline is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.