Mid-Senior Backend Elixir Engineer
Role: Lead Backend Developer
Reports to: CTO
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Pipeline is an artificial intelligence solution that enables companies to realize the economic gains from gender equity. We are a fast-moving, action-oriented, and values-based organization focused on creating a global movement around gender equity.
Pipeline provides a compelling opportunity for an experienced engineer with a proven track record for consistent quality delivery of code. If you love programming and product development, you might be the right person for the role. We’re looking for a creative engineer to help transform the way companies experience value in the internal gender-diverse workforce. Software engineers aligned with our “change the world” mentality, and committed to our vision of closing the gender equity gap using technology will relish the opportunity to excel in a fast-paced, performance-based, team atmosphere.
The Lead Backend Developer role could be the right fit for you at Pipeline. We are currently looking for a driven, self-motivated mid-senior level Backend Engineer with experience building enterprise web applications. Your primary focus will be to architect and lead our product team to continue building out our sustainable product solution.
- The architecture of existing product platform
- Contribute to the design and development of product features, working with the CTO and the product team to expand upon existing solution
- Building highly-available and scalable web application
- Programming with back-end Elixir
- Utilizing Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience with using asynchronous programming patterns, service oriented and microservices based architectures
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
- Writing RESTful APIs
- PostgreSQL Database architecture
- Working with various members of the internal team to ensure workflow between graphic designers, other developers, data scientists and product/project management.
- Communicating with external web services
- Working in a collaborative agile environment defining and estimating tasks with the engineering and quality assurance team
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a functional language (we use Elixir/Erlang, but Haskell, OCaml, or similar would be a reasonable base)
- Experienced in leading engineers on project/product teams
- Fluency in PostgreSQL
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Heroku services
Basic skills in HTML, CSS, JS
Familiarity with modern front-end web framework (ReactJS, Ember, Vue)
- Ability to work as a full-stack developer with a keen eye for UI
- Able to efficiently onboard work with high complexity and partially defined, larger scope
- Creative problem solver
- Work to consistently achieve reasonable customer objectives
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively manage stressful situations
- Comfort in a startup environment
- Experience developing with ReactJS
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services
- Leading teams of 5+ people
- Open Source contributions
To apply or for more information, please contact Pipeline at email@example.com
Pipeline is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.